Curried Chicken, Potatoes and Peas-Serves 4
From The Ultimate Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook-Dr Cobi Slater
All mixed up in a coconut curry sauce. This is a one pot wonder for sure!
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced 3/4 inch thick)
Himalayan sea salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
1 tbsp. fresh ginger (minced)
1 tsp. jalapeno (minced)
1 tbsp. sweet curry powder
1 cup chicken stock
1 red potato (peeled, cut into small chunks)
1 can coconut milk
1⁄2 cup frozen peas
2 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
2. Return the skillet to heat, adding a teaspoon of olive oil if needed, and add the onion, ginger and jalapeno. Sauté until the vegetables soften and then add the curry powder and sauté for another 30 seconds.
3. Pour the chicken stock into the skillet and add the potato and 1/2 tsp salt. Simmer and cook, partly covered until the potato is tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and peas. Simmer a few minutes until the sauce is a bit thickened.
5. Add the chicken to the sauce, toss to coat and serve sprinkled with cilantro.