Ever wondered how to tell if you might have a hormone imbalance? It can be tricky to spot the signs as many of the symptoms can be vague and have a few potential causes. This is because hormones act as “messengers” that have a big impact on how your body works. Even a slight imbalance can make a lot of difference to some processes in your body.
A few signs that you may have too much or not enough of a particular hormone:
- Weight gain
- Abdominal bloating
- Losing weight when you’re not actively dieting
- Changes in your appetite, especially overeating
- Feeling tired most or all of the time
- Brain fog and fuzzy thinking
- Headaches and migraines
- Mood swings
- Changes to your bowel movements (anything from becoming constipated to an increase in bowel movements)
- Feeling more sensitive to cold or heat
- Dry skin
- Thinning hair and/or hair loss
- Changes in your heart rate (speeding up or slowing down)
- Muscle weakness
- Urinary frequency
- Increased thirst
- Joint pain, stiffness or swelling
- Anxiety and/or irritability
- Irregular periods and/or heavy cycles
- Gut problems, including issues with digestion and stomach pain
- Vaginal dryness
- Low libido
If you’re worried that you may have a hormone imbalance, please book an appointment here. There can be a number of underlying factors behind hormone imbalances and it is important to discover the cause.
Get started with this Hormone Questionnaire to discover if you have an imbalance.
If you do discover that you have a hormone imbalance, there are many safe and effective natural medicine therapies to get your body back into balance quickly!
Until next time!