Dry body, or skin, brushing is a simple skincare routine that can deliver major results. Quick and easy to do, it helps set in motion many natural processes that will help rejuvenate your skin and body. In fact, many people report a dramatic reduction in cellulite just by skin brushing!
Lymph is a liquid in our circulatory system containing white platelets that grab microorganisms, toxins and other waste from our blood and channel it through the lymph hubs, where the microscopic organisms are removed from the body. Poor blood flow prevents the lymph from working effectively, resulting in cellulite, varicose veins and a compromised immune system. Dry brushing helps stimulate the lymph in our systems, promoting better body detoxification and cleansing.
Lymphatic Congestion can Cause the Following:
- Neck pain, body pain, foot pain
- Puffiness and swelling
- Fluid retention in the abdomen sometimes mistaken for bloating or weight gain
- Feelings of heaviness
- Slowed ability to heal from injuries and illness
How to Body Brush
- Dry brush when your body is dry, before you shower.
- Brush toward your heart as lymph streams in the direction of the heart. Brushing away from your heart puts a strain on the veins.
- Beginning at your feet, brush the soles of your feet, then up your legs. Use long stroking movements toward your heart. Brush every zone twice.
- Brush up your knees and inner thighs and around your buttocks.
- Pause at your stomach to brush in a clockwise manner, stimulating digestion.
- Starting with your hands, brush your arms, shoulders and upper back as far as you can reach.
- Lightly brush clockwise over breasts.
- Try to avoid brushing over broken skin (cuts or open wounds) and varicose veins. Do not brush your face. The brush is too rough for sensitive facial skin. If you want to brush your face, use a smaller facial brush with softer bristles.
- Shower after you brush to remove any remaining dead skin cells.
This process should take between 5-15 minutes. I do a brisk 5-minute brush each day and with one longer 15-minute brush about once a week. Be sure to clean your brush after use to prevent a build up of skin cells and hair. Clean once a week with soap and water and let dry completely before using again.
Advantages of Dry Skin Brushing
Dry skin brushing removes dead skin cells, leaving smoother, brighter and cleaner skin. It also stimulates many of your body’s systems responsible for blood flow and waste removal. Dry skin brushing may help enhance muscle tone, circulate fat stores for more equitable distribution, reduce pregnancy swelling and discourage varicose veins. Also, remember that your skin is the biggest organ of your body and it has a lot of work to do. Dry skin brushing helps open skin pores and stimulate nerve endings to help improve your body’s overall function and appearance.
For additional Lymphatic drainage support, LymphActiv is one of the BEST supportive drainage supplements on the market.
The importance of establishing drainage begins with the lymphatic system, and our Lymphatic Support supplement is comprised of a variety of natural ingredients, including Astragalus root, graviola, chuchuhuasi, and several other natural components whose anthraquinones, sterols and tannins provide antioxidants and other immune-supporting properties. Coupled with our BioActive Carbon molecules, LymphActiv creates the lymphatic motion needed to support drainage.
Please schedule a one-on-one consultation to achieve your health goals.